Rose quartz is possibly one of the most well known crystals, if not the most popular one on the market. It is generally one of the first crystals we all select when we first begin our crystal journey and is seen as a generally safe and easy crystal to work with. We all know its connections with love, in fact if someone asks you about love and crystals its almost a guarntee that the first thought that pops into your mind will be rose quartz.
This beautiful and abundantly available crystal does however have so much more to offer than being a simple love crystal and contrary to popular belief it does have a slight word of caution associated with it depending on what your uses are. This post will give you all the information you need to work with this beautiful and underrated crystal!
Before we jump into the nitty gritty of the post, I have to admit that I had a bit of a resentment towards this crystal in the beginning and tried to avoid using it as often as possible, opting for more exotic crystals in its place and this was all due to my lack of awareness of the different properties this crystal holds and thinking it was a boring “love” crystal and being a scorpio, love is not on the top of my list of witchy worries!
In Greel mythology, Aphrodite saves her lover Adonis from the jealous God of War – Ares but in the process of saving Adonis, she catches her arm on a briar bush and her blood mingles with that of Adonis and stained the white quartz.
It is easy to see here the automatic connection to love being related to Aphrodite and the circumstances in which it was created emphasise its connection to unconditional love and healing and it is believed that this crystal has been given as a token of love since at least 600BCE; But did you know that this crystal was also believed by the ancient Romans and Egyptians to clear the complexion and prevent wrinkles? Hello face rollers! There have even been rose quartz face masks found in tombs and there are lovely selections available on the market these days for face masks and face rollers and you can find my favourite supplier for these here
This crystal is linked to the heart chakra and the planet Venus. It is associated with the Zodiac of Taurus as well as Scorpio and Libra. Lets dive into the many things rose quartz can help you with!
- Use to get in touch with sensuality
- Use as an aphrodisiac
- It supports connections within groups and community
- It has a strong attunement to earth, the cosmos and spirit so is perfect to create balance in your life between these three energies
- It inspires one to nurture themselves
- Stimulates the sensual imagination
- Comforts and heals heart wounds
- Dissolves fear, worries and resentment
- Provides a deep sense of personal fulfillment, inner peace and contentment
- Helps to reprogram the heart to accept love
- Heals emotions and the emotional body
- Increases feelings of comfort and nuturing
- Inspires a love of beauty and appreciation for nature
- Helps aid sleep and prevents nightmares
- Helps attract new love, romance and intimacy
- Helps one experience unconditional love for others and oneself
- It aids circulation in the body
- Helps heal mothers and babies after complicated births
- Helps with depression – especially post natal depression
- Helps relieve stress
- Helps relieve headaches
- Helps with fertility and supports the reproductive system
- Helps with forgiveness – both for yourself and for others
- Helps overcome abuse
There are a few words of caution I would like to state here before I jump into the many ways you can work with this crystal and the first has to do with love – if using this to attract love or bring romance into your life, this is a form of spell making and as such you must be cautious about trying to attract a particular person – free will is a fickle thing to interfere with and there is no telling how things will backfire if you go gifting your desired lover with rose quartz or something infused with this crystal. Love magic in any way – even through manifesting when focused on one person will almost always hold consquences in some way and its best not to tempt the Fates to play a game with you and lady Karma!
Rose quartz is also an expansive energy as all the quartz families are so there is a caution here before you use it, when working with this energy you must be aware that it will “expand” what is already there – this can be great if you want more love or sensual energy but if you are working through healing it will expand the heavy energies as this is the way we move through them to heal – you must be ready for this especially if you plan on using the crystal as a yoni egg or crystal pleasure wand for example (if you want a good supplier for these items I abosultely recommend Yoni Pleasure Palace which can be found here.) My suggestion would be to use the crystal either in conjuction with another healing one that helps ground you such as Obsidian or Black Tourmaline in order to steady the intensity.
Rose quartz is only found in the ground within a massive form however it is often shaped into different objects and it can be found in everything from raw chunks, face rollers, polished tumble stones, runes, candle holders etc. Choose one that you feel the most drawn to. If you would like to know more about working with crystals in general you can find my video on this topic here.
The practical ways you can work with this crystal are:
- Wear it! This can be through jewelry or placing it in your pocket or even your bra
- Place it next to the bed, under the bed, under the pillow
- Hold whilst speaking positive affirmations
- Cast a piece into a flowing body of water after speaking words you wish to speak to the crystal in order to find more confidence to do so or to energetically send the words to the person you wish to speak to
- Place on top of a photo of someone you are fighting with to assist with forgiveness and reconcilliation
- Place in the southwest corner of the home or in each southwest corner of each room to enhance the energy for relationships
- Keep it on your desk at work to avoid unwanted intrusion and gossip
- Use as a part of your beauty routine through a face roller or mask
- Create a crystal grid
- Use a yoni egg or crystal pleasure wand to connect to your womb and divine feminine energy
These are just a few ideas and you are by no means limited to just these ideas, trust your intuition when working with crystals to find the best way they work for you!